WHY DADS ARE SPECIAL
- Dads are special: They have their own unique style and humor.
- Dads are a safe tower: They provide a sense of security and safety within the home.
- Dads are strong: They possess an inner strength, put there by God Himself. They also know how to open bottles and fix things.
- Dads are heroes: Above and beyond any celebrity, Dads are the biggest heroes of the home.
- Dads are selfless: They give until they can’t give anymore; they want the best for their family.
- Dads are hard workers: An honest day’s work is their motto, even when they would much rather take a nap.
- Dads are humble and meek: They are tempted to be proud but know God’s best reflection is a humble heart.
- Dads are fearless: They throw their kids up in the air high and long and scare mothers everywhere.
- Dads are shepherds: They keep the flock of their home and watch for the souls within their four walls.
- Dads are betrothed: Little daughters everywhere boldly say, “I will marry Daddy one day.”
- Dads are mean: Sometimes, Dads are the enemy because they say no, but kids will grow up to thank him one day.
- Dads are brave: They smile through the pain, are resilient and steadfast.
- Dads love unconditionally: When their kids mess up, they never lose an ounce of love for them, it only grows stronger through the hurt.
- Dads are a guide: They guide us on the righteous path and show us the way. They also pretend to know how to follow maps, even when they are lost.
- Dads are spiritual leaders: With open Bible in hand, they read scripture and live it out before their children.
- Dads are open arms: They always are ready to give and receive hugs.
- Dads are sacrificial: When they’d really like to buy that new “dad toy with a big engine” they pull out their wallets for that ice cream cone and day at the park.
- Dads are irreplaceable: Other people may try to fill his shoes, but no one’s shoulders are quite so high or broad.
- Dads are rocks: Amidst the storms of life, Dads provide a stable foundation.
“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:6-9
Thank that special father in your life today. Maybe your earthly father didn’t fit this criteria, but perhaps you had a godly figure or mentor you can thank! Above all, we have a perfect Heavenly Father, that has and will never let us down!
Thank you, God, for Daddy Daddies do so much for us! It’s time to thank God for the blessing they are. In this adorable board book, a little lion cub thanks God for his wonderful daddy—a daddy who gives big hugs and piggyback rides, who takes great care of him, and most importantly, who offers love, guidance, and encouragement.