“Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.”
Ready to plan your own Mother/Daughter Spa Date? It’s so easy to put together and you can create fabulous spa treatments for you and your daughter right at home with items you may already have! Plan a variety of activities including facials, pedicures, manicures, hand scrubs, etc. For my girls, creating their own DIY at-home spa treatments is the best part.
Here are two of our favorite at-home spa recipes…
Honey Oatmeal Facial
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Grind the oatmeal in a blender or food processor.
- Stir together the honey and yogurt. Then add the ground oatmeal.
- Mix thoroughly until you get a smooth paste consistency.
- Apply to your face and neck area. Let dry for fifteen minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
Blueberry Soy Hydrating Mask
- 10 blueberries
- 1/2 tsp soy milk
- Crush the blueberries up in a small bowl, mashing them well.
- Stir in soy milk, and mix well.
- Apply to your face and neck area. Let dry for fifteen minutes, and rinse with warm water.
Have a little one who’s not quite old enough for a Mother/Daughter Spa Date? Read Thank You God for Mommy together and let her know what a blessing it is to be her mom!
– Angie is a Christian homeschooling mom of four active children ranging in age from 4 to 11. She’s been married to her husband, Jeremy, for fourteen years as they’ve learned to live God’s way, and grown together in His love. Her family is very active in their church, where they’ve attended for the past fourteen years. Angie has recently left the world of diaper bags and babies, and is cautiously approaching life with tweens. She is the creator of My Four Monkeys and you can find her on Twitter at @MyFourMonkeys.