April Fool’s Day. People either love it or hate it. I personally love it. It’s such a fun day to play pranks on each other. (Family-friendly fun that is). Here are just a few of my favorite April Fool’s Day ideas for the family:
1. Dye the milk. Add a few drops of food coloring to the milk carton the night before. What a fun surprise for the kids when they go to pour milk for breakfast on April Fool’s Day.
2. Tell your kids they’re having fish for dinner. A lot of kids don’t like fish. So, they will be upset when they hear they have to clean their plates. Then, when you give them their plate, their face will light up when they see the big and small Swedish Fish that they have to eat for dinner.
3. Switch the clock and make the kids think they are late for school or an appointment. Make it better by telling them that really, they’re an hour early and have time to go out for breakfast. What a treat!
4. Fill Oreo’s with toothpaste. This is an idea I got from a friend and really hope my husband isn’t reading this blog post because the joke is going to be on him this year.
5. Poke holes in your kids’ straw… then watch as your kids try to drink from it.
One fun book idea (especially for my oldest who is eight) is the Joke-tionary Jokes: More Than 444 Jokes for Kids book. It really keeps his attention because it has funny illustrations. He went through a period of time where he really wasn’t into reading. That totally changed when he opened this book! From silly puns to knock-knock jokes, the fun doesn’t end! Definitely a must-have for every home, especially if you have boys.