7 Ways to Celebrate Your Mom
- Ask her how she’d like to spend the day. Some grandmothers want more time with their grandchildren. Some prefer one-on-one time with their daughter. Some might like a quiet afternoon alone. Ask your mom what would make her feel special.
- Serve her. Jesus washed the disciples’ feet; how can you serve your mother? Make her a beautiful meal at your house (so she doesn’t have to do any of the cooking or clean up!). Clean her house. Return her books to the library.
- Get your kids involved. If your kids are old enough, get them involved in baking a treat for Grandma. They will love having made a real contribution, and she will love eating their sweet treats.
- Give her a gift certificate for something she wouldn’t splurge on. Does your mom love pedicures? Museums? Bookstores? If she’s never tried a massage, this might be a nice time.
- Give her a beautiful flower. Every single mother I know loves to get a beautiful plant. I’m sure there are a few exceptions, but those ones would probably like cut flowers instead. And if all that fails, buy chocolate.
- Take her to tea or a fancy brunch. Something about a fancy tea house makes me think of a quiet afternoon with my mom.
- Give her a hug, tell you that you love her, and thank her for all she’s done for you. No matter what you do, make sure this is part of your plan.