“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” -Anne of Green Gables
It’s about to be my favorite time of year. FALL. There’s something about this season that I look forward to the most. Maybe it’s the smell of bonfires in the air or the sound of leaves crunching beneath our feet. Whatever it is, it’s the best in my eyes. There are so many things to do with your family during this season. The weather is usually cool and nature is at one of its prettiest times.
Here are some of our family favorite fall outings that I hope you’ll want to try with your family as well (a few of these are even on our Fall Bucket List!).
28 Fun Fall Family Activities
1. Go apple picking & make a homemade apple pie.
2. Go watch a local high school football game and cheer for your home team.
3. Go for a hike.
4. Go for a hayride.
5. Visit a local pumpkin patch.
6. Collect leaves on a nature walk and make leaf prints.
7. Go camping.
8. Take a weekend family vacation and rent a cabin in the mountains to enjoy the colorful trees.
9. Drink hot apple cider.
10. Make a big batch of chili.
11. Carve pumpkins.
12. Host a pot-luck Thanksgiving dinner (so many people don’t have plans with family or friends…invite them over!).
13. Roast hotdogs over a bonfire.
14. Visit a petting zoo.
15. Take a turkey or Thanksgiving dinner to a family in need.
16. Volunteer at a local shelter or soup kitchen.
17. Have a Fall DIY day with lots of crafts, homemade goodies, and activities (There are TONS of ideas on Pinterest).
18. Make a Thankful Tree.
19. Go to the state or county fair.
20. Go to a Harvest Festival in your area.
21. Find a good picnic area that has lots of colorful trees and take a picnic lunch.
22. Rake the leaves into big piles then jump in them…as a family!
23. Visit the local farmer’s market and buy Fall produce and jams.
24. Visit a college campus and go to a college football game.
25. Help an elderly person mow their grass or rake leaves.
26. Lay in the hammock and read a good buck under a quilt.
27. Build a real, wood-burning fire in your fireplace.
28. Make a Fall basket for a friend or someone who could use some cheer. In this basket include jams, fall candles, a magazine, a small quilt, hot chocolate, a mug, etc.
As you can see, it doesn’t take much to enjoy this season, but the benefits will be a true blessing to your family!