Every one of us is unique. From our talents and gifts to our likes and preferences. Designing icon Joanna Gaines celebrates the individual in her new children’s book, The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be. And RootedFamily.com is proud to offer our new FREE Educator’s Guide to correspond with this beautiful book.
The downloadable educator’s guide is for students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade. Lessons touch on a variety of curriculum including elements of design, shapes and geometry, vocabulary, organizing data and more!
This lovely picture book and activity set work together to help children understand the beauty of creativity, acceptance and individuality. The book follows children as they build hot air balloons, work together, and use their own unique skills.
Parents can use this book to help their child understand 5 big ideas:
- It’s important to celebrate every child’s unique strengths and work together as a team.
- Acceptance of our differences is beautiful and valuable.
- Sharing our talents helps us grow as.
- A child’s imagination is important to their development.
- Helping others and taking care of others is how we show love to all those around us.